HEY PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR APRIL SLAM (Saturday 27 April) STARTS AT NOON!
PERTH SLAM RULES
• Sign up at the venue 30 minutes before the slam
• Maximum of 16 entrants per Slam
• No musical accompaniment. No props. No costumes
• Reading from the page or device is permitted
• Random draw for performance order
• Poem must be the original work of the performer
• 2 minute time limit. Time starts at your 1st word or when the timekeeper feels the performance has begun. 1 point for every 30 seconds over time is deducted by the timekeeper from your final score
• 5 judges chosen at random from the audience
• Judges hold up score cards, marking each performer from 0.01 – 9.99. From the 5 scores, only the 3 middle scores are counted
• In the event of a tie, the 2 highest-scoring performers share the prize
• Winner is rewarded with the door takings (minus admin costs)
• Slam winner cannot compete in the following month
• Organisers of Perth Slam reserve the right to change any of these rules at any time!